Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Chikondi, Chisomo, and Chifundo

We have been practicing our Nyanja, which is one of the languages spoken here. Common phrases like hello and how are you? You know the basics. Well as we were searching we came across chikondi, chisomo, and chifundo which mean love, grace, and mercy. First, they are each so fun to say but second God's love, grace, and mercy, His chikondi, chisomo, and chifundo are the same no matter what. And oh how He loves us. Just thinking about those today as we went about our day and then we found translations for them tonight! So cool. God's pretty awesome. 

Today we got to visit the kids out in Chongwe for the first time and oh what a joy that was! But before we went there we stopped and got three live chickens. That was an experience. We wanted to go with Abigail to see her get them so we went with her and the lady grabbed them out of the coop (with zero fear I might add. Like a boss.) and tied their feet together so they can't run around. Chicken on the run is never good. And then put them in a plastic bag. The funny part was the poked their heads out of the side of the bag which I wasn't expecting for some reason so that made it even funnier so of course we all took pictures with the chickens!


Once we got our chickens we headed to Chongwe! It is so much more different in Lusaka. In the best way possible. I love each place so much already and I've been here four days. The girls and I were talking about how it feels like we've been here so long yet we also feel like we won't have enough time. 

Anyway Chongwe is outside of Lusaka so it is definitely more rural. It is beautiful though. The large spaces of land and talk grass that seem to go on forever with giant trees filling up the area. I ate it up. Seriously I loved it. The seven homes in the Chongwe My Father's House area are all fenced in together so we pulled in and then went and visited each of them. Abigail gave us a tour of everything and as we went we met kids and the mamas. 

I have so much respect for these mamas. They are each raising eight kids and taking care of them and telling them about Jesus and are so full of joy. They were all so welcoming to us, gave us big hugs, and made me feel so loved. I can't wait to get to know them and hear their heart behind becoming a EOH mama. Seriously so cool. God has called some rockin ladies to this ministry I can already tell. 

He has also brought some stellar kids here. So after getting a tour we finally got to hang out with the kids which we had been dying to do! Who doesn't want to hang out with kids all day? I mean seriously. Cute little nuggets. Come on. So this one kid, Michael, who as soon as we met him with his huge smile on his face I could tell we would be besties, wanted to play futbol. I was all for it. I mean I'm not really the best futbol player but A for effort right? Lots of kids came and played with us! I had an absolute blast! The kids were showing us up right and left. Me and Lauren's team consisted of Michael, Mabel, Jonah, and Benjamin. If I remember correctly we also won. Whoop! They were all the stars as Lauren and I attempted. 

Then the girls were about to braid all of our hair when we had to leave so next time we visit there will be pics of that! I can't wait to go back and get to know the kids and the mamas more. They are already capturing my heart after only a few hours!


Say hello to my new friend, Michael. He's got such a joyful smile, super fast and got lots of energy, a great futbol player, and can do a mean cartwheel!

No comments:

Post a Comment