Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2014

God is so Much More...

This little blog of mine has been somewhat neglected since I have been back in America so I am changing that right now.

Since my last blog update (which probs sounded like I was a total wreck and I kind of was but whatevs) Jesus has just been doing some cool things and moving and grooving in my life here in Lubs.

I have decided to start substitute teaching while I apply for real jobs. God has changed my route to non-profits so we will see where He leads me. I would jump at the chance to go back to Zambia but I don't know if that's what He has for me right now.

Like I said though, God has been teaching me all sorts of cool things. For instance, how not in control I am, how having a relationship with God takes effort, how even when sin tells me things are about me this life is still not about me it's about God, and also how much greater our God is than our tiny human minds could ever conceive. He is so much more.

I often think I put God in a box. I only think of certain characteristics of who He is at certain times. He is so much more though. He is everything all at once. I have been reading Creation Unraveled by Matt Carter & Halim Suh, which is awesome if you haven't read it, and in it they talk about God being just and merciful. He is never one or the other. He is always both.

They also discuss the names Moses calls God in Genesis 1 vs. Genesis 2. In Genesis 1, Moses refers to God as Elohim which means might, power, majesty, or all-mightiness. In this instance, Moses is referring to a name that describes God. In Genesis 2, Moses refers to God as Yahweh which is God's personal name. It's the name He calls Himself (Exodus 3:14-15). God is both Yahweh and Elohim.

Now yesterday I was reading Psalm 103. This passage talks about God's great love for us. It's great and if you haven't read the Psalms just do it. It's like Nike.

Psalm 103:3-5 says, "who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things..."

God forgives, heals, redeems, crowns, and satisfies us and yet He is so much more. I have to keep reminding myself that no matter how much I continue to learn about God I will never fully grasp Him and understand all that He is. As much as I know I will never fully understand though, it makes me want to know Him more. He is the only thing that will ever fully satisfy.

And isn't it cool that we serve a God who reveals Himself to us piece by piece so that we continue to seek Him? My answer is yes but that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment