Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

Resting in The Lord

"Why is it easy to work but hard to rest sometimes?" -Audrey Assad, Lament

This week I was going and going pretty much every day. It was a week of work and to some extent that has become routine to me. I work and go to school, which I consider work as well.

It has become so routine though, that it is east to work and sometimes hard for me to rest. I feel like it should be the exact opposite though. When I do rest however, it is laying on the couch, watching 3 episodes of Gossip Girl with my room mates.

When in reality I need to be resting in The Lord. This is what the bible says and I have not been trusting and living in that truth.

Matthew 11:28-29 says, "Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."

God says for us to come to Him and HE will give us rest. HE is the ultimate provider of all we neede. HE will give us rest; all we have to do is come to Him and trust in that.

The problem is we don't come to him because we think, "oh yeah I just need to take a quick nap" which is not necessarily a bad thing. However, when we use these other things like naps, TV, or any other things we use to rest as a substitute or filler for resting in The Lord and spending time with Him, that is when they become a problem.

He knows exactly what we need and when we need.

He created the universe for crying out loud. I think He can handle my life.

That's my challenge for me and for you; rest in The Lord not the things of this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment